BIG Prayer Request
I got a call from our case worker today. She just got word that the birthfather is now saying he doesn’t want to go through with the adoption. He has not really been in the picture with the birthmother and we have not met him. We were just told early on that he was going to sign over his rights to the child – that is what he told the case worker. Now he has changed his mind. Please join with Tim and I to pray for this birthfather and birthmother and the baby. Pray that the birthfather does what is best for the child. Pray for the birthmother as she also works through the emotions with him wanting to raise their child. On Tuesday, June 22nd, one of Bethany’s case workers will be meeting with an attorney to talk through this case. We should know by Wednesday what the attorney thinks will happen. Please pray for that meeting on Tuesday.
On another note, I realize I haven’t updated this in a really long time. I do have nursery pictures, but I don’t have them on this computer… so I will have to post them later. Sorry! Here is what has happened in the past couple months. We had our first meeting with the birthmother and wow was I nervous. But, the conversation was great and I walked away really excited. At this first meeting we found out that so far the baby is breech and is measuring small. We also found out the gender of the baby…. but we are keeping this a secret 🙂 That has been probably one of the most difficult things to do and I actually slipped and told someone… but she has promised not to tell anyone and I won’t even tell you who it is so you can’t bug her… ha ha. At the first meeting we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. Since then, we’ve kept in contact and got together one other time. We even got ultrasound pictures… which I will post (some of them) when I post the nursery pictures. The birthmother is great and we’ve really enjoyed getting to know her. She is smart and makes us laugh. We are grateful for this time we’ve been able to spend with her. We’ve been learning so much that we will be able to share with our child someday (hopefully) and add to the lifebook.
I’ve really been trying to protect my heart over the past couple months, knowing that something could happen and someone could change their mind. I was doing a pretty good job of it until recently, as time has gotten closer it has started to become more real and I’ve been opening my heart to the possibility that this could really be it. I’ve been just imagining holding our child and rocking our child to sleep, getting up in the night and feeding our child. Then this call comes today. Please pray that God will bless Tim and I with a child soon.
Thanks for those of you that have been praying for us and supporting us through this time. We appreciate you!